ISWM Members are invited to post openings in their company to the ISWM Job Board. There is no charge to post your ad. Ads will remain on the Job Board for 60 days. Please send your listing to email@example.com.
Scale Technician (posted March 29, 2018)
Primary Responsibilities: The Service Technician has the principal responsibility for proactively planning, performing and documenting service of customers scale and data solutions. The successful Service Technician understands the business needs of Phillips Scales’ customers and the ability of available solutions, offering suggestions and recommendations for system improvements and upgrades as appropriate to meet customer nee
Position is: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: Service Manager
Supports: Dispatcher, Service Manager, Sales, CEO
Key Performance Indicators: Work-order re-visit ratios, productivity and profitability metrics.
Service Technician Accountability:
Consistent with the Technician’s skill level and training, Service Technicians are accountable for:
1. Planning all service calls accurately and efficiently; packing tools, parts and reference materials as necessary to perform service in the field.
2. Confirming all scheduled repair calls with the customer point of contact in the field, timely and accurately to support efficient service.
3. Understanding the business requirements of customer operations, offering appropriate introductions to the sales team when weighing solutions are available that might better serve the customer needs.
4. Meeting or exceeding company standards for productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction standards, ensuring both business and customer expectations are met.
5. Inspecting, installing, testing, troubleshooting, calibrating and repairing industrial weigh scales. Ensuring that instruments, gauges and testing devices are calibrated correctly and give accurate readings.
6. Understanding the parameters of and working with a variety of sophisticated machinery, including analytical and electronic measuring devices, recording and indicating instruments, and electrical, mechanical and electromechanical equipment.
7. Documenting all repair and preventative maintenance work performed, verifying make, model, manufacturer, serial number, types of scales, calibration procedures and weights used in testing. Uploading information to company approved systems to meet State of Alaska certification and customer requirements.
8. Progressing through the skills levels as outlined in the Service Technician Technical Standards and Requirements; making satisfactory progress on personalized training plans and consistently upgrading technical skills.
9. Understanding and working properly in accordance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, DEC and other regulatory standards and practices.
10. Maintaining all administrative paperwork and documentation to system standards including time sheets, expense reports, and travel documentation.
11. Actively participating in weekly safety meetings; providing input on subject matter/topics. Properly documenting and reporting all incidents as required.
Service Technician Authority:
Within established budgets, the Service Technician has the authority to:
1. Shut down a scale repair or operation for work or life safety reasons.
2. Adjust scheduled priorities as necessary to accommodate customer schedules and operations requirements.
3. Order parts and materials as required to complete repairs on time and in budget.
1. All work will be performed accurately and according to company policies, standards, and values.
2. All team members will model the values and principles of Phillips Scales to customers and the community.
3. Work safety is the responsibility of every member of the team; all staff will demonstrate safe work practices, be accountable for speaking up on any safety concern and watching for the safety of themselves and others.
4. All customer materials and information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company. The information included in company documents and manuals is proprietary.
5. All telephone calls, faxes, and e-mails, both internal and external, will be returned within one business day and within two hours whenever possible.
6. Employees will provide staff assistance as requested, with a spirit of helpfulness. This means each employee may be asked from time to time to cover in other areas of accountability and/or departments as a matter of exception, not routine.
7. Employees are encouraged to recommend ideas for the vision of the company, innovations, new products or new product lines and improvements within their department and position that are consistent with the company’s strategic objectives. Innovation is encouraged and will be an ongoing process.
Signature accepting all accountabilities for the Service Technician
Name (please print)
Signature of Supervisor: Service Manager
Name of Supervisor (please print)
1119 E 70th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99518